Saturday, September 19, 2009

Finally, my traditional Mexican Dish

Okay, the boys and I wanted to eat a traditional Mexican plate, "Arroz con Mole".

Here you can see the traditional Mexican rice. Notice Mexican rice is not mushy or sticky. The spices give it all the flavor it needs. Only regret in this dish is that I did not use the chicken broth to cook it, pity, it would've given the rice an extra punch with the taste of the chicken.


Mole, yum! Some people believe that Mole paste is "dried animal blood". No, it isn't. It is a paste made with chile and other ingredients. The paste is dissolved in the chicken broth when it is very hot. Then, one adds the chicken to the Mole and voila!
I don't like to add the full chicken bones and meat. I like to let the chicken cook long enough that the meat falls off easily. The boys like it this way, too, as it is easier to eat and less messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment