Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Diego goes to work, Part I

Diego goes to work! Yes, I decided to take Diego to work with me. I've been telling the children about our awesome rabbits and they wanted to meet one of them. After receiving constant requests by the kids to see a rabbit, Diego came to save the day.

The children I work with have special needs, but are awesome in their own ways. They love people, animals, and they love life! They were extremely enthused and excited to see Diego.
The children were able to keep their attention focused on the information of how Diego flew to San Antonio, Texas, all the way from Canada! Yes, they loved the story about how we waited patiently for him and the show experience.

There were many questions as to what kind of food Diego eats, as well as his favorite treats. Of course, I took the opportunity to share that Diego loves to eat healthy, not too many treats or his teeth will require Dentist intervention (grin), yes, I had to help them understand the importance of hygiene. Of course, we discussed how Diego receives his grooming and blowing of his coat in order to keep it nice and soft.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience for the children and Diego. I will post more pictures tomorrow and continue sharing Diego's awesome work experience.

(Due to confidentiality, the faces of the children were either cropped or blurred).


No comments:

Post a Comment