Sunday, June 7, 2009

Rabbit Poop as fertilizer

After cleaning the cages today I collected as much poop as the rabbits graciously gave me. I was able to collect lots of it and I used it as fertilizer for the plants around our rabbitry shed.

I've read much about the wonderful properties of rabbit poop as a great fertilizer. I kept thinking of it for a long time, though I found it easy to just throw it away--what a waste!

Well, I'll be taking pictures of the "fertilizer" and how the plants do. I've read in other blogs how some rabbit owners are using their rabbit's poop and they've been able to document with pictures the wonders it does for their plants/veggies. I hope to be able to do the same.

I plan to take pictures tomorrow and post on the blog so I can document step by step how the plants do.

No comments:

Post a Comment