Friday, November 11, 2011

Problems with my postings, let me give this one a try

I've been having some problems with the postings I prepared ahead of time to be released daily. I still have some pictures of Indianapolis and Convention. I'll work on it tonight and see if I can get things to go through this time.

In the mean time, I've been in contact with my good friends, John & Sasha, about the show schedule plans. I am excited to hear that Kellyof "The Kelfla Project" has some nice rabbits to show. I am hoping that all of us can attend shows here in Texas, and out of State. It is always great to see new angora lovers that are willing to learn and enter the show circuit. One of our goals has always been to have a Texas Angora Rabbit Club, so who knows, maybe we will be able to get it going sometime in the future.

I do understand some people's hesitation to raise and show Angora rabbits in Texas due to the heat and humidity, but it is all worth it. Also, if one can slowly acclimate them to the Texas weather, they can tolerate the temperature some what, but of course, they always need a/c, fans, lots of water and lots of love and care.

With my family's new rabbit acquisition, I am hoping to re-establish our herd again. I have one doe left of my original herd. I am so fond of her since she is my hope to establish my own line with help of other excellent lines in the US. I am planning on breeding her this coming weekend, but need to check the weather to ensure all goes well.

Any who, I want to post the tentative show schedule our friends and us is:

January 14, 2012 (Waxahachie)
February 18, 2012 (Victoria)
March 24, 2012 (Seguin)
March 30-April 1, 2012 (Belton State Show)
May 5, 2012 (Austin)
June 8 & 9, 2012 (Wichita, Kansas "Angora Specialty).

Of course, this schedule might change.

No comments:

Post a Comment