Saturday, November 5, 2011

Introducing my two new additions to Road To Angora Rabbitry

I was very fortunate to acquire two excellent REW rabbits. The buck is from Linda Cassella and the doe is from Margaret Bartold. I specifically asked for REW since I have always been partial to them, rather than color. I am hoping these two additions will enhance our rabbitry and gets us back on track to compete once again. I am hopeful that 2012 will bring us luck and lots of fun; well, that is, if the world doesn't end (grin).

Below are four pictures I took as soon as I returned home. The weather in San Antonio was in the 50's with possibility of freezing. It is nice and cold outside, compared to the horrendous heat. It was windy and I had a tough time taking pictures of the rabbits. I did my best to get them to pose, despite the wind, the fatigue they and I had, and took some pictures for my blog. They were placed into their new cages, given their water, feed, and a toy. I plan to clip them both soon and once acclimated to their surroundings, begin the breeding.

The BUCK: He did his best, poor baby, such a long wonderful coat, but full of static! I could swear I heard him curse at me for shocking him a few times.




The DOE: She was furious, of course, with the wind, being exhausted, and I wanted her to pose.



No comments:

Post a Comment