Monday, August 10, 2009

Wash cloths

A friend from work just had a baby girl. I wanted to knit something special for her so I decided to knit two yellow cotton wash clothes for her baby. I enjoyed knitting it so much and the boys were intrigued at the "embossed picture" that came out that they asked if I could knit something else. I found a pattern for Transformers and, of course, it was a success--they loved it! Now I have to knit a couple more, as Martin and Johnny want one, but also their friend, Chris wants one, too.
Below is the "flower" shape wash cloth.

Below is a "blank" simple wash cloth as I felt it would be good to only have one embossed.

Below is the "Transformers" wash cloth. I had a very tough time taking the picture of it, but I managed to get most of the image to show up. It looks better when you see it live, of course, but I'm very glad at the results.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, these are so easy to make! I was impressed with the ease and speed I have to knit these wash clothes. The patterns are simple using Knit n Purl. There are so many free patterns online and some people sell them for a very inexpensive price of $2.00 per pattern.

    I am hoping to knit more Transformers cloths for the boys bathroom. I've already got a request for a "cookie monster" cloth, but I have not found that pattern,yet. I might have to pay someone to make a pattern for me.

    ReplyDelete