Friday, May 29, 2009

Spinning Tussah Silk

I decided to spin a bit more of Tussah Silk. I have to admit this is the first time I actually spin it and I just love it! I was a bit afraid of it as I didn't think I could do it, but seems like I am doing a good job. I plan to spin another batch and 2 ply it and see if I can dye it a bluish color. I plan to use the silk to knit a nice scarf utilizing a leaf pattern. I'll see if it comes out good and take pictures later.

I hope every person who enjoys spinning is able to try new fibers to play with. You never know what you may get, but it is always an excellent experience!
Okay, on the picture below you see silly Tiffany always next to me and creeping around to sneak a peak at the fiber I spin. She loves to take pictures. Yes, you wouldn't think of it, but she is actually pretending that she is "just passing through", but she did in on purpose in order to come out in the picture. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think I would like this fiber-a friend had given me some. But after I spun it I changed my mind. I plied it with some other yarn and it make the yarn shiny. I haven't made anything with it yet. Here's my post on the topic in case you want to see the yarn
    http://lilachavenfrenchangoras.blogspot.com/2009/02/tussah-silk-wool-blend-yarn.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Annette for your the link to your blog using the tussah silk-wool-blend yarn. The yarn came out really nice, I like the colors!

    ReplyDelete