Monday, July 14, 2014

Required by True Rabbit Breeders



Any serious rabbit breeder needs to have a copy of the ARBA Standard Of Perfection.

Very often, people go to Facebook or other sites and ask people questions that can easily be answered if they looked in the SOP. This nifty little book can be purchased through the ARBA Store website or your local vendor for a very small fee of $20.
I have two copies since I had misplaced my original one. I bought my first copy in Kansas from a vendor whose name I don't remember, but the recent one was purchased through Bunnyrabbit.com at a local show.

For me, since I raise English Angora rabbits, I am specifically interested in pages 67-69; however, it is imperative to look at the Angora recognized colors, too. Overall, the book has so much information about all breeds to learn from.

I have been raising and showing Angoras since 2007, but I often refer back to these 3 little pages every time I am planning a breeding. It is imperative that before one breeds a rabbit, one needs to know the goal of said breeding and the expected outcome. These 3 pages can give you so much information and guidance as to what you seek and then you can decide if your stock is strong enough genetically to go ahead and begin this breeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment